Friday, October 03, 2008

stuffy

D seems to still not be feeling so hot. Still congested, and just seemed tired and kinda whiney today. I put him down to bed earlier than usual and he went right to sleep, we'll see how the rest of the night goes. I've been putting a bit of saline water down his nose occasionally to help clear him up, but am unsure of anything else I could/should do to help him out...

Anyway, longish day, pretty tired, so I think Zach and I will be watching The Daily Show online and then getting off to bed. I will share a quick link, though, this post up on AlphaMom pretty perfectly sums up my thoughts on last night's VP debate. I think it's worth a read.

PS- Donovan's 8 months old today!!! =) Not that we did anything to celebrate, actually. Because I'm a terrible mother.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that D isn't feeling well. It's just the worst when a little one is stuffy and there's not much you can do to make them feel better. Have you tried sitting with him in the bathroom with the hot shower running? Sometimes that helps. Or how about that "suction bulb" thing? I hate using that but sometimes that helps too. Hope the rest of your weekend is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is what I do for colds, all of which you are probably already doing:

    1) Elevate his mattress (I use a very small throw pillow under E's mattress)

    2) Use a cool-mist humidifier in his room at night (and during naps)

    3) Try that Vicks Baby Rub on his chest (I use the Target brand); also, a little under the nose doesn't hurt

    4) I also like the Vicks menthol nightlight thing, which puts menthol into the air

    5) Saline drops (which you are already doing) and the nasal aspirator if you can stand it. E hates both, so I don't bother

    None of this is a huge help (know what would be? GOOD MEDS! But alas, they are too young) but all combined it seems to help. Good luck!

    PS: I have never marked the monthly milestones, except to remark, "Hey, she's X months today" to my husband, so don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:54 PM

    I used to love using one of those blue suction bulb thingies on my daughter. It was so satisfying to get rid of some of the mucus so she could breathe easier. It is impossible to get them to blow their nose at that age so this was the next best thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the cold is better. Thanks for the link on the VP debate. I sent it out on my facebook world.

    I have a hard time articulating my horror at Sarah Palin, the link did it for me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...