Thursday, October 25, 2007

ramblings of an exhausted pregnant lady

Goodness, it's already 6pm.

I'm still not feeling great, and to top it off I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep. Boo. So I got up and finished The Handmaid's Tale, which I started a few days ago. It's basically 1984/Brave New World, but with a feminist/women's rights concentration. Very creepy to read. It's crazy how at first you think "It's a good thing nothing like this could really happen." But then they describe the account of how the new regime supposedly took over, and especially with all the terrorist hooplah of the past several years it doesn't seem that far-fetched. And then there's Afghanistan, where didn't women have a decent amount of rights (like being able to work and, say, walk around on their own) before the Taliban took over and stripped all that away so quickly? So maybe it's not so impossible, which just makes it that much more scary.

I did manage a nap this afternoon, then I dragged myself to go shopping for groceries to last us through the weekend (funny how you have to think about that here). And now, I am exhausted.

There's still a lot left to do today-- Zach's parents fly into town tomorrow, they'll stay with us for 10 days or so. I still have to change the sheets on the guest bed, and we need to vacuum (at least the stairs, which seem to collect more dust bunnies than the rest of the house), there's dishes to be unloaded and others washed, and there's the small wine rack and the coat rack I bought from Ikea on Monday that have yet to be assembled...

It's funny, this morning I checked in on one of the pregnancy message boards I frequent sometimes, this one specifically for women in their 2nd trimester, and there was a thread asking who was so ready to move onto the 3rd trimester already? Many ladies responded saying they were definitely ready. Me? So not. I feel like there's still so much left to do before baby gets here, and once you're in the 3rd trimester (just 3 weeks away) you're in the "home stretch" right? Baby's right around the corner? Plus I just know that exhaustion from the 1st trimester will creep in again, and I'm not looking forward to that. Or getting huge. The belly's already starting to get in the way, when I bend over to pick stuff up for example. Trying to put on/take off pants while standing has certainly become more difficult all of a sudden. I'm not sure I'm ready to transition from the cute-pregnant stage to the holy-crap-she's-HUGE (and tired and grumpy) stage...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...