Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Day in Pictures

After getting a bit of a later start than initially planned, me, Zach and Jennie headed out along the southern border of Lake Geneva towards the town on Yvoire.




This was a gorgeous little kitty that we saw hanging out near the water. He was not very friendly however... I have a light scratch on my hand from when I tried to pet him.

Trying to figure out where to go next...

We made a brief stop in Evian (yes, as in the bottled water company) to walk around a bit, but soon were on our way again. Zach was itching to go up the mountains a bit in hopes of getting above the fog, and we wound up in the town of Abondance.


We got some hot chocolate at a "historic cafe" and were amused by a large group of older French people who were loudly talking and joking with each other at the bar.

A stop along our drive home. Fall has started, and the leaves are beginning to turn. We saw some gorgeous colors today.

After a bit of confusion on the highways coming back, we made it home where I found a package in the mailbox from the school where I used to work in California. Apparently, the teachers had told the children that I'm pregnant, and the kids were all so excited that many of them made things for me-- including 3 beaded necklaces, some paintings, many drawings and some very sweet letters. =)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:58 PM

    that hot chocolate looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:48 PM

    This entry was B E A U T I F U L!~!!!!

    Notes and things from little kids make my day every time :-)

    and that hot chocolate made me crave hot chocolate.

    and every scenic picture made me yearn for something more than Houston TX, which is where I am right now.

    The weather here is beautiful right now, but I miss Europe. I was in Lugano, Switzerland for two weeks (also travelled to Milan) and I miss it and think about it at least once every. single. day.

    awesome pictures, awesome entry, hope all is well :-)

    -Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:40 PM

    That is awesome, all of it. Why is Europe so beautiful?

    That kitty kind of looks like Obi-Wan. The coloring style is the same - Siamese enough, but with white and browner areas.

    Obi-Wan was fatter and friendlier, though. I guess it's true, after all, what they say about fatness and jolliness...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...