Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Uh oh...

So I keep reading about this supposed 4 month wakeful period. And I have to tell you, I'm kinda dreading next month. At first I thought (hoped) maybe it was a myth, just selective remembering of people who had babies that didn't sleep well anyway. But I've read too many stories of it happening, and I'm wondering what's to come for us.

All the books say that the first 3 months are the worst, and that by 3-4 months baby should be sleeping through the night (or that at least things get better/easier). Why do none of them mention this 4 month thing??

Maybe D will skip it...

3 comments:

  1. I am beginning to think we are going through this early...it is awful! I agree that the books leave out these wonderful gems :) I hope it doesn't happen to Donovan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie skipped it, maybe Donovan will too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said before, our babies don't read the books. So they don't know what they're supposed to do ;)
    Best thing I did was start ignoring what the 'experts' said to expect - since they all tend to disagree anyway.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...