Saturday, November 10, 2007

the search

Talked to Zach a bit this afternoon (early morning for him). He gave me his report after going camera-shopping at Best Buy and apparently spending a good deal of time talking to one of the women who work there, and it seems we are pretty much set on buying the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi. The dilemma now is whether to stick with the lens that comes in the kit, or splurge on something better. The gal at the store almost had him convinced to get a $600 lens that should be a do-it-all type. We'll see. When he gets back from San Diego he said he'd go check out a local specialized camera shop and talk to them about it all. If any of you photographer readers have advice, I'd love to hear it. =) I've been scourging the internet for reviews and forums and sending Zach the links to help him make the decision (since he's the one talking to people, looking at stuff, etc). It's a bit overwhelming, all the info, and I certainly don't get all the lingo when it comes to lens features yet, but it's also pretty exciting. =) Gosh... we're such yuppies, aren't we? =P

Other than that, not much to report today. Been reading a lot, Sierra's acting more clingy since her Favored One is not around, and I didn't get as much done today as I meant to but hey that happens. I think I might now make myself a cup of tea and then curl up in bed with my book.

1 comment:

  1. yuppies? no. informed buyers? yes.
    tell him to check san jose camera while he's here, they have quite the selection!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...