Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Frosty

Yesterday when I walked up to take some of our recycling out, I noticed that some of the peaks along the Jura mountains had snow on them-- which shouldn't be a big surprise, I guess, since it's been cold and has rained a few times over the past week. But I hadn't really expected to see snow already, and it looks very pretty. =)

Then this morning as I took the bus into town I could see a layer of frost on many of the cars and plants in the village. I guess it's getting colder, and it is the middle of November already, and winter is just about upon us. I wonder if/when we'll get snow. It's kinda exciting to think about it snowing... although in the back of my mind I'm also thinking "Please don't let there be snow when I go into labor!!!"

Oh, and remember Sierra's cute trick of licking the condensation off the windows last year? Welp, she's at it again. As I was getting ready this morning I noticed Sierra sitting at the bedroom window, having pulled part of the curtain aside so she could reach the glass, and sure enough she was licking off the water drops. I don't know what it is, but she just seems to feel this compulsion about licking all the water off. Silly kitty.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't is just beautiful, the show on the Jura, I remember when it melted back in April. So pretty to look at...

    That is funny about sierra and the water licking. Currently one of Pükka's many obsessions is licking the water in the basin of the shower before I get in. Monitoring my shower from the edge of the tub and catching any stray drops, and then licking my legs when I get out =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...