Tuesday, January 01, 2008

why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?

I'm feeling frustrated with flickr right now. I've been trying all day to upload pictures, a process that usually takes all of about 5-10 minutes to complete, but the uploadr's are not working (never gave me trouble until I tried to download the new one-- 3.0-- a few days ago, which failed, then I went back to the old one, which then today kept crashing on me, so I tried the new one again which at least installed properly but would only upload 3-4 pics at a time) and now the uploader on their website is also giving me trouble and taking for-eeeeee-verrrrrr. Grrr. Maybe it's just a fluke today, and will be better tomorrow? Ugh.

We spent yesterday in Gruyeres, a town up in the mountains where the famous cheese comes from (I'd show you pictures, but... yeah). It was fun, if quite cold, and although we missed the cheese tastings at the factory, Jen, Daddy and Zach still got to purchase and try out some fun cheeses and we toured the castle and also took a peek into the HR Giger bar (the museum was, unfortunately, closed, but I think Zach and I will have to go back another time to check it out.. Actually, this would be the absolute perfect excursion to take whenever my brother comes out to visit us). The whole Alien theme doesn't really fit with the rest of the historic, medieval Swiss mountain town bit, but that kinda just makes it that much more amusing. ; )

We spent the evening at home, had some champagne at midnight to celebrate the occasion, and then were greatly amused by the group of young college(?) guys that were running around naked on the street right outside our house (and their group of girl friends taking lots of pictures). Ok ok, most of the did have boxers on... but at least 1 guy was running and dancing completely naked. By the way, it was at least at freezing last night, if not colder. They continue hooting and hollering and singing at the top of their lungs for quite a while, luckily we were able to sleep through most of it (or at least I was).

And now it's January 1st, 2008 and holy hannah where did the time go?

Tomorrow we're leaving for Italy for the rest of the week. Is it wise for me to go on a 6-7hr road trip while nearly 36 weeks pregnant? Probably not. But I'm really excited to go, and so we'll just hope for the best now, won't we?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:36 PM

    You just need to be off your feet as much as possible. Walking and standing can stimulate the contractions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful time in Italy. I have been enjoying your blog for a while but have yet to post a comment. I really enjoy your outlook and updates. I wish you all the best in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:15 PM

    Marcy when you don't update every day it makes me go crazy because you're the only consistency in my liiiiifeee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy NEw YEaR! Hope you are enjoying your Trip To Italy! When I was pregnant with Malina, we were living in Phoenix at the time. and at 34 or 36 weeks we took a trip to my mom's 50th. Since I couldn't fly, we drove through the desert to the LA area....

    36 weeks! Wow, Just around the corner!!!
    How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...