Tuesday, January 15, 2008

better

Last night was a bit rough, but went much better than I had feared. After it became clear I also had the bug, I refrained from eating anything and only drank sips here and there of water and ginger ale. By bedtime my tummy was, thank goodness, feeling fairly calm.

Unfortunately I still had a really tough time going to sleep. I was burning up under the covers, but when I got out of bed I'd get cold and start shivering violently. It was really weird. Not wanting to wake Zach up with my tossing and turning I layered up and went downstairs to try to read a bit, and spent the next several hours either reading through half-closed eyes, then trying again to sleep in the guest room, then getting up and trying to read again when sleep wouldn't come. At about 4am I attempted eating a rice cake, which went down well enough, and then I think around 5 or 6 or so I finally went to sleep and stayed asleep. I have since spent much of the day sleeping or lying down in bed, resting up. Thankfully I've felt pretty ok all day, just tired. Zach stayed home today again, he was thinking of going in to work for the morning but realized he was still pretty exhausted so gave himself another day to recuperate. It sucks being sick, but it's also been almost kinda nice to be sick together and spend all day in bed.

So basically we're both back to feeling normal now... yay. Now we can get back to life as usual for the rest of the week.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are feeling better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear you are doing better! i was getting worried when you hadnt posted :)

    tell Zach to stay home and take it easy! on the swiss news they are telling everyone to stay home after they are sick so it doesn't spread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better today - can't imagine what it's like to be pregnant and unwell - ugh!!
    Happy New Year too!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...