Friday, January 11, 2008

preparations

I've been having some very lazy days yesterday and today, spending most of them watching Sex and the City with Sierra. Last night Zach and I did go out for a huge grocery shopping trip, where we started stocking up on some household items (soap refills, cat food and litter, etc) as part of preparing for Loki's arrival. I also bought a few baby goods, which was more difficult than I thought it would be. I'm sure picking out the right diaper rash cream would be overwhelming enough in the US, but then you add to the process needing to read the labels in a different language and trying to decipher from the vague descriptions whether the tube you're holding is in fact diaper cream or just regular baby body lotion, and well, yeah.

Today I finally called a vet the neighbors recommended months ago and made an appointment for Sierra's annual check-up, another thing I've been needing to get done before Loki gets here. I still have more baby shopping to do, and Zach got started on putting Loki's dresser together today, and goodness it seems like there's still lots more to be done and I don't know if we have 1 week or 1 month to do it all. I guess we'll just do what we can, and if baby comes before we're done, well, we'll figure it out from there, right? Thinking about it maybe I should be less lazy and try to get more of this stuff done sooner rather than later. Perhaps I'll try to go shopping tomorrow...

PS- I thought I was gonna get through this pregnancy escaping the whole swollen-feet-and-hands deal, but in the past week or so I've suddenly noticed my shoes fitting much more snugly when I go to put them on. The wierd thing is that your feet are supposed to be more swollen at the end of the day, but I swear it's the mornings that are worst and then my shoes seem to fit better later in the day. Hm.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:42 PM

    this is so exciting. i can hardly believe that you are so close to having your baby. i check by inbetween my busy moments and the time has flown!

    i recommend that you have your man give you skin massages for your swollen hands and legs. it's good to get the lymph fluid and blood valves a push esp when you are carrying so much extra blood and fluids for the baby. basically just run the skin in upward motions (upwards towards the groin/towards the armpit). it might not be instant relief, but it may help a little.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - this is a little cheesy but - when I was pregnant my mid-wife recommended that I get these special socks that help with circulation for my flight back to the states. Well, after the flight I wore them all the time for work and I really think they helped me feel better. I never had the swelling so I don't know if it would help but it could be something to check out. I'll see if I can find their name in French.

    So exciting! Don't worry about buying too much stuff - you are totally right when you said you will figure it out. You don't really know what you are going to use or need until Loki gets here anyway! We've never used the diaper cream - I could send you some! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...