Wednesday, January 30, 2008

and on wednesday, she rested

I had planned on running a few errands today, but I've still got this cough that comes on mostly at night and keeps me up so I figured it might be best to stay home and rest for the day. So I did, and I napped, and I've been making my way through A Thousand Splendid Suns which I borrowed from Hillary way too long ago and only just started reading. I've been both looking forward to it and also felt a bit hesitant to start... I loved The Kite Runner and could not put it down when I read it last summer, but it's also such a heartbreaking story and this second novel is similar. It's interesting and sad at the same time reading about Afghanistan's violent history.

Anyway, it's late and we should be heading to bed so I'll keep this short. By the way thank you all for the comments on my last post. I really appreciate all the advice. We still have some time to figure out what we want to do, and I do have 2 cross-body baby slings (and mom's bringing out a 2nd hand upright sling, sort of like the Baby Bjorn but can be worn on the front or the back) so we'll definitely be using those the first month(s) and then can gauge how much we like that and how soon we want to get a stroller, and what we'll be looking for in it. At least that's the plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...