Monday, July 28, 2008

You know it's bad when it takes you longer to think of a title than it did to write the actual post

Cristina arrived safe and sound yesterday morning. Her suitcase decided to be fashionably late, but eventually it showed, too. Donovan has seemed quite pleased to have his aunt here. Although we think he may also be wondering where the rest of the entourage is, and why they didn't all come together as a set like last time.

We haven't been up to much these past 2 days, yesterday we kinda hung out at home letting Cristina get used to the time difference (and play with her absurdly adorable nephew). Today a few girlfriends came out and we all had lunch at the restaurant next door. I've been meaning to have people out here for that for a while, so it was good to have it actually happen. Later this week we're thinking about going to Montreux for a day, and maybe another day trip before Zach leaves town on Sunday.

D turns 6 months in, like, a week. Holy cow. We have his 6 month check-up on the 7th, I think, and I think after talking things over with our pediatrician we'll probably get him started on solid foods. I'm excited, and also kinda anxious as it's a whole 'nother endeavor to think about on a daily basis, but you know I can't wait to see what he thinks of avocados and bananas. =P He hasn't been reaching out to try to grab our food yet, but he does seem to stare me down when I eat in front of him and I swear he starts moving his mouth as if chewing and almost licking his lips, so he might be getting ready for this. Eek, my little boy is growing up!

1 comment:

  1. They do that ... and so quickly. How weird is it that mine is 2/3 my height and 5 years old already!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...