Monday, July 21, 2008

Explosion of Cuteness

We tried taking D swimming today. It didn't quite work. But my god did he look ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS in his swimsuit and hat. =P

Today was a pretty good day. I'm almost scared to even blog about this, b/c it seems that as soon as I acknowledge good things to the interweb Donovan's tide changes, but here goes: he's been pretty great lately. Yes, we have fussy moments and even days where he's kinda cranky (still waiting for those teeth to pop through... any day now....). But for the most part, he's been a doll. A big part of this is that he seems to have figured out this going to sleep bit. Where as we used to have up to 10-15 minutes of fairly hard crying most nights, all of a sudden we now get maybe a minute or 2, then perhaps a bit of whimpering, and then he's out. We've been able to do the same for naps, too, which is incredible, and honestly I swear he's going to sleep faster than when I'd spend what felt like forever rocking him to sleep. Now I'm afraid that tomorrow he'll not go to sleep since I've announced it... but man. Not having that worry of, "Ok, is he tired? Is he tired enough to actually go to sleep if I try to make him? Am I gonna spend the next 30 minutes pacing the room holding him?" is a huge weight off my chest and a big relief to my day. I actually folded and put away laundry and unloaded the dishwasher today in the times when he was playing quietly in his bed before drifting off to sleep.

My friend Sara came over today for a bit. I don't even remember when was the last time she saw D, but he was certainly much smaller at the time. I haven't seen her myself in what feels like ages so it was nice to catch up.

Then after D woke up from a nap at about 4pm I texted Celine, whom I knew was staying at her mom's just up the road today, and asked if she'd mind us stopping by for a bit. She messaged back that she was just typing out a text to see if we'd join her and Arthus down by the pool. So off we went, me excited to get a chance to put D in his new swimsuit (he actually has 2 new suits, one of them is a baby speedo-style that I could not resist. I'll need to put the other on and take pictures in case he doesn't get many more swims this season...). Unfortunately once we got to the pool we realized that the wind was just chilly enough to keep us from swimming. In fact it was chilly enough that both boys were in pants and sweaters before long. But they had fun hanging out anyway, and I got an adorable video of Donovan pawing Arthus all over his head (just as he does with me when I'm nursing him... I guess that's his way of saying hi to people). ; ) I have some cute pictures of the 2 of them hanging out together on their blanket, but blogger keeps uploading them sideways for some strange reason so I guess y'all can just wait till I get around to putting them up on flickr.

And with that, I bid you all a good night...

1 comment:

  1. look at that photo! you always take awesome pics! and are very good at photography- don't sell yourself short! You also have an adorable subject.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...