Sunday, September 30, 2007

six word sunday: The fish knew not its fate.

six word sunday challenge


Yesterday we enjoyed a very nice day of sunshine (after a week or rain and cold cloudiness), only to then get to listen to torrential downpours all night long. The sun peeked out a few times throughout the day today, though. Nice of it to say hello every once in a while.

Still recovering from jet-lag, Zach slept in till about noon, then we lazed about downstairs for a while catching up on internetting and magazines (and football highlights online). Then we broke Swiss rule by VACUUMING THE HOUSE (you know, on a Sunday). But it was desperately needed. We did a good job, too, I vacuumed while Zach went ahead of me and got all the crap off the floor. It took us a good 30-45 minutes of so to get the whole house, but afterwards it looked so nice and purty. =)

Later on we took a walk around the village, and then as Zach was making dinner (such a good hubby) Michelle came over from next door with some extra banana bread that she'd made. =) I'm gonna try to make it over sometime this week to look through the baby stuff she's saved up from when her grandkids were a few years younger, that she's offered to lend me (such a godsend, this woman!).

And now, bedtime approaches... and it sucks that I'm starting to dread going to bed now. Lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night with hunger pangs (no matter how much I ate before going to bed), and I also keep tossing and turning to try to get comfy and avoid back pain. It doesn't help that Sierra keeps curling up down at my legs, which I don't get-- surely Zach's just as comfortable, and wouldn't disturb her nearly as much by moving around all the time? *Sigh* silly cat.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:49 PM

    I'm sure you're drinking enough water, but that's the only thing I can suggest that might help the hunger pangs. I know I wake up hungry, when really I'm thirsty... Then again, since you have someone kicking your bladder all night long, you might not want to fill up on water right before going to bed. So, what I'm saying is, you have to look deep into your heart and decide which is the lesser evil.

    Do you at least have a nice bowl of fruit or snackies next to the bed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:13 PM

    My mom said she used to keep a chocolate cake in the laundry room for this problem....worked perfect =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...