Sunday, March 09, 2008

six word sunday: A sight both rare and beautiful

IMG_2473
six word sunday challenge


In the past 2 weeks Donovan has gone from eating every 3-4 hrs during the day and 4-5hrs at night, to eating every 2 hours during the day and maybe going 3-4 hrs at night. This whole week it seems he's hardly slept during the daytime, allowing me perhaps a 20-30 minute catnap here or there. Just today he's seemed so incredibly sleepy yet anytime I set him down he gets woken up 5-10 minutes later by something-- dirty diaper, pacifier falling out of his mouth, invisible gnomes pinching his toes...

He's now been in the sling for the past 20 minutes, eyelids looking heavy but never really closing, and even if he does fall asleep now he's only got another 30 minutes before I'm sure he'll be up again for the next feeding.

I know I shouldn't complain as he still sleeps much better during the night than many other newborns his age... I guess I just keep waiting for a nice, long, hour nap b/c he looks so tired it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

5 comments:

  1. That picture is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - you've reminded me of how much Felix slept ON me during the day. He would fall asleep and I wouldn't budge because he would always wake up if I tried to move him. So I would install myself in the chair with snacks and book and sometimes the computer and just let him sleep on me.

    D is so beautiful and he looks so peaceful...glad you captured a sleeping moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:27 AM

    hey there...hola como va?
    I signed into my xanga after more than a year, I wondered how you were doing being that I remember you were like one of only five chileans I know. and OMG you've got a baby now, so incredibly cute. congrats. anywho, I'm glad you're doin great with such a happy family.
    ~Ann (raggedy5_17)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, he looks like such an Angel.

    My little one was the same as sarita's - she only slept ON me. Once I accepted it, life was much easier, but it took many many times of getting up to lay her down and hearing her scream. She still prefers to be touching someone when she sleeps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:49 PM

    He's upset that you made fun of his dream-piano-playing hands, so he's getting back at you by not sleeping when you're expecting him to.

    Take that!

    (Why do I suddenly hear Stewie's voice in my head?)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...