Friday, August 22, 2008

Brown Eyed Boy

priceless

One of the comments people make the most when they meet D is what big eyes he has. Which always makes me smile, b/c people used to say that about me a lot. =P Tp be honest, I myself get entranced by his big brown eyes quite often. God help us, with those eyes and that dimple he's gonna be such a lady killer when he grows up...

D's getting really good at the army crawl. My days of being able to set him down somewhere and trust that he'll stay there are most definitely over. He's been having a ball up in his room scooting around all over the wood floor. It's been a lesson in needing to keep our floors cleaner, though-- several times I've picked him up and his front will be filthy. Hmmm maybe I should start sticking swiffer o-mop cloths on his clothes. ; )

We had a bit of a rough night last night. Nothing too bad, just lots of interrupted sleep for me. It'll be nice when I'm able to consistently get more than 5 hours of sleep at a time again. The other day I was looking through a magazine and saw another blurb about how important it is to get your sleep and how even one night of sleep deprivation can cause you to be more prone to accidents, blah blah blah. HAH. It's a wonder us new moms are still alive, eh?

Of course the other problem is that D usually goes to bed around 7pm and I often don't make it there myself till, um, 10. That needs to change. Especially since his morning wakeup time seems to have moved itself up to 6am.

I was shocked when I realized that today's Friday. This week flew by somehow. We're going out of town this weekend, a little family getaway for the 3 of us. I guess we'll need to pack and get ready tonight, then we're driving out tomorrow morning. I was filling out a profile for the Mom Blog Network the other day and one of the questions was something about your ideal vacation spot, and I laughed at how much that has changed in the past 6 months. My ideal vacation spot used to be anyplace that seemed interesting and fun, hopefully with lots of sun and good food.. Now some of the first things I think of when thinking of places to go are, "Can they accomodate a baby? Do they have a bed for him or do we need to bring one? What kind of take-out food will there be, b/c we're not gonna be spending much time sitting in restaurants...." My how life has changed....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...