Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Baby Signs

I've been wanting to start using sign language with D. I've heard so many wonderful things about doing this, and the idea of having an older infant who's able to communicate at least some ideas before being able to vocalize just sounds awesome to me. I was having a hard time finding good online resources for signs, though, and I didn't want to go out and buy a whole book (especially since my access to English language books is still quite limited and tres cher right now). Then today I came across the Michigan State University ASL Browser which is AWESOME, it has a lot of the vocab words I've been searching for and provides both a description and video of how to do the sign. I wanted to share this, for any other moms out there who might be interested in this and want to take a look.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:14 AM

    http://rebeccaandtom.blogspot.com/

    Marcy,
    You might want to check out Rebecca's blog. She uses sign language in her job and she has taught her two daughters to sign. I am sure she could give you some tips on how to start and what resources are available. I wish I had known about this when my daughters were little. They were born before the internet was popular and it was a different world back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:15 AM

    Rebecca's blog is under my name in the previous post. Didn't realize till after I saw the post that it kind of looks like that's my website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to teach Eliza to sign. Right now she seems to only like doing the sign for baby. I think it makes her laugh ebcause it shakes her whole body.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...