Friday, April 18, 2008

At least the $80 haircut hurts less when you're only doing it once every 3 months...

I'm afraid this blog is becoming a bit more boring for the non-parent readers, what with all this baby talk. Then again, I'm not sure I was really that exciting to begin with?

Zach stayed home this morning while I got a few hours to myself so I could get my hair cut (first time since he was born, it was staring to get preeety shaggy). I also did a bit of shopping for D at this adorable French store that's a little bit on the pricey side, but not bad, and besides since the grandmas basically gave us D's entire 3-6 month size wardrobe I figure I can splurge a bit on some incredibly adorable pieces that are more unique to Europe. =)

Unfortunately it seemed that D had been a bit, um, "high maintenance," which kinda continued the rest of the day. It wasn't too bad, really, all afternoon long he's nursed, fallen asleep on me for 30-60mins afterwards (I had my book, so was happy), then would be awake for a bit but be slightly cranky and need holding most of the time, and then he'd nurse again, and so on. He felt a bit warm so I checked his temp twice over the course of the afternoon and he was running at 99.3 and 99.5, which I'm going to keep an eye on but choose not to worry about at this point.

He's been more finicky with taking bottles lately, which might be b/c we've slacked off on giving them to him. He took them great in the first month, when we'd give him a bottle feeding almost every day, and he'd take down 3-4 oz at a time. Now he'll drink 1-2 oz and refuse to drink any more. Which confuses me, since I'd expect him to either take a full feeding or refuse the bottle completely. So I'm not quite sure what's going on. I guess we'll try giving bottles more often (really should try for 2-3 times per week) and see if that helps.

Then again, he may just be developing a stronger preference for the real deal. He's started sucking on his fingers a lot lately, and he'll suck on my hand if it's anywhere near his mouth. A few times I've tried giving him other stuff to explore with his mouth-- pacifier, plastic toy, fabric ball-- and he'll refuse to even touch them with his lips. But, stick my hand in front of him and he goes to town. Hmm.

Ok, must go to bed. I set him down to sleep at 8:20pm, not really expecting him to stay asleep, but things still sound quiet upstairs and it's now 9pm so I guess it worked? Which means I need to get my butt to bed, too. 'Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...