Thursday, June 05, 2008

Leaving the compound

um...
After about a month of being scared to go even on a walk with D without some help/backup b/c of his, um, volatile moods, I decided that today would be the day we'd try it again. After being pretty cranky all weekend long, D's been back to being pretty happy and content the past couple days, so I had hope.

Our bus route got some new trams recently, so I was excited to see that we got to ride in one of them today. =) The nicest part about them is that there's only 1 step up from the street level, as opposed to 2 or 3. People are really good here about helping carry strollers on and off the buses, but you don't always have the help and this makes it MUCH easier. D seemed pretty happy on the ride into town.. or well, maybe not happy, he was looking around kinda suspiciously (see pic) but I never had to take him out of the stroller and he even fell asleep for part of the ride. Woot!

We went to the baby talk group and he did great there, too, a little fussing here and there and when it was time to eat I think there was just too much going on so he didn't eat very well, but oh well. Everyone loved seeing him, too, commenting on how big he's gotten. Afterwards he was still in a pretty good mood so we stopped by H&M to do some shopping for him. I also looked at bathing suits, but found nothing. Big surprise. The Geneva Housewives had a cafe meet-up today, but it was cloudy so I think they were at the back-up location which I hadn't looked up beforehand so I didn't stop by. Perhaps next week... D got upset on the way back home on the bus, I think b/c he was tired and couldn't get himself to sleep. But there weren't many people on the bus, and the older woman sitting across the aisle from us seemed to feel bad for us more than anything, so I wasn't too worried about annoying people with a screaming baby so I just did what I could to try to soothe him and then I got him down to sleep once we got home. A pretty successful trip, really, and makes me think I should attempt these trips more often.

mid-roll

By the way, I forgot to mention this earlier and I just thought it was the cutest thing so feel I must document it. After the girl's night on Tuesday, I went to feed D when he got up for one of his nighttime feedings. He's usually kind of in a daze during these, too tired and hungry to really notice much, so as he started nursing everything was as usual, but then as he was nearing the end of the feeding he opened his eyes up to me and at first looked kinda confused, and then kinda smiled and gave me a look as if to say, "WHOA, hey, mom! Where've you been?" =)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, he is SO cute with his little dimples! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...