- The (what feels like) extremely short 3 hour flight to see family.
- California sunshine.
- Parents and in-laws that get along with both Zach and I.
- Parents and in-laws that get along with each other.
- Not having to choose which set of family we'll spend which holidays with.
- Donovan's toes.
- The way Zach plays with Ryan, my 5 yr old niece.
- Donovan's giggle.
- Old friends I've known forever and see rarely, but when we do get together it's like slipping into your favorite pair of jeans every time.
- Donovan's dimple.
- My fabulous husband.
- My fabulous camera, which has allowed me to record Donovan and all his adorable details (see #6 and #10) so perfectly these past 10 months. I know I will treasure these photos for the rest of my life.
- Loved ones who encourage and challenge me.
- A warm kitty to snuggle up on my legs at night.
- The internet.
- Fellow mom friends who understand exactly what I'm going through. Sometimes a heartfelt "I've been there, too!" is all you need to end your self-pity party.
- Pumpkin pie.
- Breastfeeding, and the way it's helped me get back into my pre-baby jeans.
- Breastfeeding, and the way it helped D go nine months before getting his first cold (and no ear infections yet!).
- The way I can make everything better for D when he's upset. I treasure it now as I know it won't last.
- Jen finding a permanent job in San Francisco, meaning we get to see her all the time.
- Walking to the farmer's market on Sundays.
- My health. And that of my husband, and my perfect, sweet, healthy baby boy.
- And for so many other blessings in my life that go unnoticed and unappreciated so much of the time, I give thanks. Life is good, indeed.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
In honor of Thanksgiving...
Jessica recently wrote a 100 Things I Love post. In honor of Thanksgiving, below is a similar list of things I love and am grateful for.