Tuesday, September 14, 2010

birthday recap

First of all, thanks to everyone for the potty training advice.  I think we'll just keep doing what we're doing-- offering the opportunity, but letting him guide us... and we'll just see when he seems "ready."  He shows some signs of readiness, but even with cloth diapers he doesn't seem to notice or care when he's wet, and maybe that needs to click on first.  Patience is a virtue, right? ; )

My birthday weekend has been a nice one.  Saturday night we arranged for a friend to come over after D went to sleep so Zach and I could go out for a nice dinner at The Waterboy.  It was fun to get all dolled up for once, and the food was quite wonderful.  It was also Second Saturday, so it was fun to walk through all the festivities on our way to the restaurant.

Sunday morning Zach took D to the farmers market while I went toa Mother's Morning Out coffee shop meetup with my mom's group. Turns out almost everyone else cancelled and there was only two of us there... but, the two of us had a great time, anyway.

Yesterday was pretty low-key.  D spent the morning at Arjun's house, and it appears we're over the separation-anxiety hurdle yet again!  Last week when I dropped him off he didn't cry at all, though I suspected part of that was b/c of the backhoe loader working on the street outside their house.  Yesterday morning as we were getting ready to go, I said again to D that he was going to Arjun's house. He turned to me and said (simply and matter-of-fact), "And mommy's going to go.  And I might cry."  Then we got there, and he started playing with the toys, and when I asked for a hug and kiss good-bye he seemed ok, and then there was no crying.  Yay!  When I came back a few hours later, the nanny said that as D was watching me drive away through the window he told her, "I'm not going to cry today."

Seriously, he is just beyond precious sometimes.

We spent the afternoon here at home, just hanging out and playing.  The Amazon package containing what I was fairly certain was my present came early on the day, and then sat in the hallway taunting me the rest of the day (I had promised Zach I wouldn't open it till he got home).  Finally, he arrived and I was able to reveal my brand-new 35mm f/2 lens, which I brought out with me as we all went out for a family dinner.  So far, I'm fairly pleased with it.  =P

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, Marcy! Love the F2 lens photo and the story of Donovan at Arjun's house!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...