I'm kinda bracing myself for the week ahead, as it will likely be an emotionally draining one. It's D's last full week of kindergarten (and includes his school's his end-of-year concert), Zach's parents will be arriving mid-week, Zach's graduation is on Saturday, and our BFFs move away the next morning on Sunday. Lots going on, and I'm kinda having trouble wrapping my head around all of it. But here are some things that have made me smile this past week:
- We have a possible new lead on a rental house. I am cautiously optimistic... we don't know much about it yet, but the market isn't exactly plentiful and it would be really nice to have this nailed down. Here's hoping.
- Zach bought ice cream sandwiches the last time he went to the store. Smart man, that one.
- The boys had Ethan over for a sleepover last night. They had a grand ole time staying up late sneaking looks at books with a nightlight and playing all morning. I'm happy to give these guys as many hours together as we can while we're all still around.
- I took a couple rolls of film to get developed the other day, always an exciting venture. I was pretty happy with how my flower pics came out, and I also took a several of the boys using manual focus and was happy to see they mostly came out really well. I now have a fresh roll of black&white loaded in the camera, though I'm having trouble deciding what to use it on...
- Earlier this week we went on a field trip with Q's preschool to a dairy farm. The boys rode ponies and saw lots of cows, then gorged on ice cream and chocolate milk, and I got a ton of cute pictures which I'm still making my way through. It was fun.