Friday, August 20, 2010

pendulum

It continues to amaze me how this job can be so fun and so awful all at the same time.  The other day D and I had such a great afternoon.  We went to Target, and since I only needed a couple of small items I let D take this small canvas bag with short straps, which is small enough for him to handle.  He was so excited to have his own bag and strutted down the aisles holding it in the crook of his elbow.  He followed me to get the few things I needed and put them in his bag, then I let him lead the way for a good 20 minutes or so.  He'd turn down random aisles saying, "Let's go this way..." and then he'd stop and look at different items on a shelf or rack and say, "Oh, look at this!"  It was adorable, so, so completely, heart-metingly adorable.  Then he helped me check out, load things back in the bag, and walked back to the car.

Then we got home, and I don't even remember what all happened after that but I believe it involved a lot of this very whiney fake-sounding cry he's taken on lately, and pretty soon I was counting down the minutes till I heard Zach's key in the lock.

And so it goes....

Yesterday we got to meet up with friends who visiting family in town.  We had a great morning at the railroad museum, aka one of D's new favorite places EVER thanks to the two tables with large sets of Thomas railroads and trains set up for kids his age to play with.  He could probably spend hours there if he could.

And now, the weekend. Not much planned.  Looking forward to that. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...