Monday, November 30, 2009

Goodbye, Weekend. Hello, Monday

Hello!  Missed me?  Probably not, but that's ok.

Thanksgiving weekend was grand.  Jenny took the train down Wednesday afternoon, set to arrive just before D's bedtime.  We decided to keep him up to get to see her, and better yet, take him along to greet her at the train station.  A few minutes before leaving I said, "Donovan, we're going to see Aunt Jenny!"  And I kid you not, he goes, "Jenny?  Jenny?  Jenny!!" and started running around the house chanting "Jenny! Jenny!" all excited, then went to grab for his shoes so we could go get Aunt Jenny already!!  I wondered if he really knew what he was getting excited about, especially since it's been about 2 months now since he's actually seen Aunt Jenny, so I showed him a picture and he points, smiles, and says "Jenny!!"

Talk about major SWOON.

(BTW Criss don't feel bad, I'm guessing he'll be just as excited about seeing you at Christmas... especially if I remind him about the Cheetos)

Of course, we got to the station and by then he was so excited about the actual TRAINS!!! that Aunt Jenny wasn't quite as exciting anymore.

Thursday we headed over to Benjamin & Karen's home, since they graciously invited us to share their Thanksgiving meal with their family.  Everything was delicious, I wish I could've eaten three servings of everything.  D I think picked at some of the ham, maybe tried a bite of turkey... and scarfed down the flourless chocolate cake.  I was surprised, too, since it was kind of bittersweet, but he could.not.get.enough.  I guess the boy does not discriminate when it comes to chocolate.  Amazingly, Cannon also sat in his exersaucer completely entertained as we ate.  That baby is so happy and chill.  (See my pictures here, and a few more of Ben's here)

"Dinner" took place in the early afternoon, so then after there was much time for football watching and drowsiness.  Zach and Jen watched the Texas game (D drifted in and out), and I managed to finish my NaNoWriMo novel.  Wheeee!  =)  Didn't really expect that to happen when I started out.  ; )

Friday we had talked of heading out to Big Basin, but the weather turned gloomy so we decided to stick closer to home incase we got rained out.  So we went to Deer Hollow Farm where D discovered his love of pigs.  Seriously, he was entranced by the pigs, and kept saying "Pig! Pig! Pig!" over and over again.  Which prompted Zach to make many jokes about pigs, those magical animals that give us such varied and delicious foods.  We did start getting drizzled on as we walked back to the car, but no biggie.

Saturday we all went up to San Francisco to enjoy a bit more time together and save Jenny from a long commute back on the train.  The weather was gorgeous, if a bit windy, so we hung out at the beach for a while, had lunch at the Beach Chalet (something Zach's always wanted to do) then walked around the Legion of Honor. By then D was getting a little cranky, though he still had fun rolling his toy car down a hill.

Loving that we still had one more free day to our weekend, we spent Sunday doing some of our usual routines like walking to the farmer's market in the morning.  D had a pretty great day, seemed in good spirits and all... then woke up crying about 2hrs after going to bed.  I got him back to sleep, noticing he felt pretty hot but thought maybe it was just from being too bundled up while sleeping.  He woke up again half an hour later, still felt hot, so I took his temperature-- 103.  Yikes.  This was at about 10pm, I think.  I gave him Motrin, tried to get him to go back to sleep, didn't work, let him play a bit, and we finally both got back to bed by, oh, about 2am or so?  I think Zach then got up with him again at 3:30.  It's amazing he (meaning D) was as chipper as he was when he woke up this morning.

His fever was lower this morning (101) though climbing back up again.  He seemed to be acting fine early this morning, but then started being clingy and just wanted me to hold him.  I tried getting him to fall asleep several times as he looked so tired, and he'd sleep for a few minutes, but then always wake right back up again.  I finally got him down for a nap about half an hour ago, and hoping he sleeps for a while to catch up on some rest.  So far he doesn't have any other symptoms other than the slightest bit of a runny nose, though I've mainly noticed that after he's been crying so it could just be from that... but it kinda scares me a bit, since if he had major snot or something else that was obvious I'd know what to chalk it up to.  A fever w/o anything else along with it could mean all sorts of other (scary) things.  But, he hasn't yet had it long enough, or high enough, to need to do much about it yet.  I haven't given him any more Motrin since last night since I want his body to be able to fight off whatever he's got, and it seems the fever itself helps with that.

So, we'll see.  The weekend was great!  Monday?  Not so much.


  1. sounds like a great long weekend, minus D's sickness of course.

  2. I just want to make sure everybody knows that this post starts right after that italics part.

    Are we all clear on that?

    OK, good.

    Carry on, then.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...