Friday, March 21, 2014

grace in small things #2

  • I still lay down beside Q as he falls asleep at bedtime. Sometimes I get annoyed at the time it takes... but he looks so darn sweet and angelic in those moments when sleep overtakes him. He's been kinda difficult during the day lately, so that bedtime sweetness provides a bit of end-of-the-day healing.
  • I am a little embarrassed to say that I have never watched the original Cosmos series with Carl Sagan, but I am loving the new remake with Neil deGrasse Tyson. I've watched the first two episodes with the boys and while Q isn't all that interested, D has seemed pretty into it. It's fun.
  • D has been asking really interesting questions lately, leading to fascinating discussions about evolution vs creation and the Bible, or what happens to our bodies when we die. I'm really liking this part of parenting.
  • My BFF Jeremy and I have been doing a weekly tv night for the past few months. (this week we watched the last episode of Firefly-- this was my first time watching the series through, so now I know what all of you have been raving about all this time) It's a fun little something to look forward to on Tuesday nights. 
  • Both boys had school this morning, and I spent part of my free time rediscovering the simple pleasure of wandering through a bookstore with a coffee in hand. It was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...