Monday, June 03, 2013

lately....


  • My sister Jenny came out to visit us for 2 weeks. It was super awesome to have her around, it had been a whole year since the last time we saw her so a bit of sister/auntie time was long overdue. 
  • I've started running. I know, I always said I hated running. But, I've been thinking for a while about giving it an honest shot (thanks, Jenny, for finally getting me out the door). I'm only 32 which is young, and so far I've managed to skate through with good health mostly thanks to good genes, but that's not gonna last forever and it's hard to argue with a form of exercise that requires little more than a pair of shoes and stepping out your front door.  Right now I'm going out 4-5 mornings/wk and doing a 2-4 mile loop, running up to half of the distance and walking the rest of the time. I've been at it for about 3 weeks now, and so far so good. I don't have any aspirations for running races or anything, for now I'm happy to get my butt out there and break a sweat a few days a week.
  • Zach's done with his first year of business school! Like, DONE done (unlike last week when he was "done" with classes but still had a bunch of work for school projects). I feel like I should have all sorts of feelings about the fact that he's halfway done with school, that the hectic first year is behind us, etc... but I'm mostly focused on how he now has (a little less than) 2 weeks of fully FREE time at home with us, before taking off to SF for the summer. Today Zach and I went on a run together, dropped Q off with a sitter to go on an early afternoon date, then all went together to get D from school and have some family time at the playground. I'm planning on fitting lots more of all of that into the next couple weeks here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...