Sunday, September 09, 2012

A Walk in the Woods: first glimpse of fall

I'm having fun photographing our walks in the woods with different cameras and lenses. The differences in what you can capture and how, using an iphone vs DSLR and with different lenses, is pretty fascinating and fun to experiment with. For our jaunt yesterday I dusted off my beloved 50mm lens and shot wide-open for that oh so delicious bokeh I can never get enough of.  I also switched the white balance setting from Auto to Cloudy and am really liking the warm tone it gave this set of photos.

What else was exciting about this particular outing? We got our first glimpses of the leaves starting to change colors!  I'm pretty excited to see this green landscape transform into fall.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Click here to see the full set of photos.

2 comments:

  1. These are spectacular. Im doing a lot of the same. It was 47 here this morning! LOVE fall and totally ready but that really caught me off guard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures!!

    I nominated your blog for an award:) Here is the info... http://lifeasalake.blogspot.com/2012/09/sunshine-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...