Tuesday, May 04, 2010

about a million thoughts going through my head...

I suppose this is to be expected right about now, considering everything that's going on.  But I kind of feel like my head might explode at any moment as I try to wrap it around all these different things we need to take care of, which in some ways all depend on each other.  For example:

- We need to find a place to rent. That will hopefully be taken care of this weekend, which will then give us a timeframe of when we'll actually move...

- Which then allows us to plan a going-away party, as well as figure out where I need to schedule future prenatal appointments for...

- Speaking of, I need to find a midwife in Sacramento. And, hopefully, also an OB who will be non-hostile to the fact that I will also be seeing a midwife, and have no interest in giving birth in a hospital unless it becomes truly necessary.  I'm also starting to wonder if I even need an OB, and just get my care through a midwife instead...

- Which also ties into us needing to figure out our health insurance situation. Zach's new job will only cover his monthly premiums, not his family's, and the quotes they gave us are, well, astronomical. So we're trying to figure out what else to do, what other plans are available to us, and perhaps the high deductible plan would make more sense after all if I'm paying out of pocket for midwife expenses anyway...

So, as you can see, I have lots to think about, and lots and lots of questions I need to ask.  However I'm limited in how much of that I can do until we actually move.  Till then, I'll be trying to write things down and organize them in some sort of coherent order so as not to drive myself nuts.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Too much in to do - your doing the right first step, write it all down. Your mom and I had a bit of a misunderstanding when I started to get overwhelmed with all the stuff we had to do. I started listing it all out. She thought I was getting ready to do all these little things and got defensive. I bet Zach has yet another list, share your lists.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...