Tuesday, August 06, 2013

new hampshire skies

I'm realizing that one thing that may have contributed to the funk I was in last week was that I barely got out to run.  So that's an important note-to-self... When Jenny and I started running we always went in the morning, but I'm finding that I really enjoy getting out in the evening. It's a nice release at the end of the day. Also, I swear there's something about the light here during the golden hour...or maybe it's the combination of that warm glow with all the green of the trees, I don't know. But the sky and the light here in that hour before sunset are just so unbelievably stunning. It's great motivation to get outside and bask in the beauty (at least while I can, as the days are rapidly getting shorter already- sob! - and soon timing my runs with the light will be a bit tougher).

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
(these were all taken just with my phone, and only the last 2 photos were processed at all. related aside- the iphone 5 camera is amazing)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Babe - so glad that you've been keeping up running! Hope to get in some runs together come the fall. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, sister! I personally suck at running in the afternoon because then it's weighing over my head all day. But there is something about beautiful skies that encourages running (while looking everywhere but where your feet are landing)! It's cool and certainly therapeutic. I was so annoye and tired before my 20min jog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...