Sunday, March 03, 2013

When your friends know you better than you know yourself

Yesterday I was talking to a friend and he said to me, "You're a planner aren't you?" What? Nah, I suck at planning. It's why I never get around to doing half the stuff I want to, I don't get my shit together and  stuff just falls through the cracks.

I mentioned this conversation to Zach later and he just looked at me and said, "Um...babe. You are totally a planner. You don't like flying by the seat of your pants." And then I realized that he's totally right. I like to think I'm fairly go-with-the-flow, but at least with certain things I definitely like having a plan and knowing what to expect. Thinking about it some more, this is a trait likely inherited from my dad who is very much a must-have-a-plan kind of person.

So there you go, apparently I'm a planner who sucks at actually planning things. Which might explain a few things about me. Also, it's so weird to have others point out things to you that you didn't recognize about yourself.

In other news, Zach has finals this next week but once those are done he'll be off for spring break for TWO! WEEKS! Which is very exciting. We may try a quick trip somewhere, but otherwise will probably spend most of that time hanging out as a family, along with some Zach & Quinn bonding time (while Mama gets some time to myself) and perhaps we can even fit in a few dates here and there, too. Should make for a nice break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...