Friday, January 01, 2010

10 years

Last night I started seeing posts on Twitter looking back on the last 10 years, both as a country and personally.  It got me thinking about the past decade and just how long ago it started... and holy cow!  That was a LONG time ago, and there's a crapload of stuff that's happened.

Ten years ago I was in the midst of my second year of college.  In the next year or so Zach went to Australia for study abroad.  We then broke up, got back together, broke up, got back together, broke up, got back together, and finally then got engaged.  We graduated college, moved out to California, then got married.  There were trips to the mountains, the beach, Las Vegas, North Carolina, New York, and many, many trips to Texas.  We moved overseas to Switzerland.  We bought our digital SLR camera (which would seem like a minor thing except for how that camera has changed/taken over my life in a way that takes second place only to Donovan...and maybe the internet).  We had a baby.  And now we're back.

And when I think of all those things happening over a period of just 10 years, it's kinda scary.  I can't imagine what all will happen in the next ten.  I know I will turn 30.  I will hopefully have another child, or maybe even two (depending on how crazy I go between now and then).  We will hopefully, possibly, eventually buy a house, whether it be in California or elsewhere.  In ten years I will have an almost-teenager (now THAT is a scary thought).  I'm sure life will throw all sorts of fun surprises at us.  I just hope more of them are good ones than nasty ones.

Happy New Year, everybody! =)

2 comments:

  1. Haven't checked in on you for a long time- remember the old xanga days?! Sure glad to see that things are going well. Here's wishing you a happy and healthy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is crazy to think back 10 years- in so many ways it seems like yesterday to me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...