Tuesday, July 25, 2023

more poking and prodding

I got to have two procedures today. First I went in for an additional biopsy, to check a possibly-suspicious spot next to my tumor. Then I went to the hospital to get my chemo port installed. Everything went smoothly, the nurses and doctor were all great. The one snag was the procedure getting delayed and so spending extra time in the pre-op room trying to find something interesting to watch on the little cable tv they provided when 90% of the content appeared to be commercials.

The procedure itself was quick and smooth. I’m now back home and loading up on Tylenol and cold packs. It’s pretty odd being able to see the port under the skin, but it’s also kind of a nifty little gadget. Here’s to it healing quickly and not being too bothersome.

The boys have been instructed to help me out since I’m not allowed to use my left arm too much the next few weeks while the port fully heals/sets in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...