Thursday, November 07, 2013

in with the new... and out with the old

Untitled
Following along in documenting my emotional attachment to electronics, I feel the need to bid a formal farewell to my old camera, a Canon 30D we bought about six years ago.  I owe a lot to that camera. That purchase opened up a whole new world for me, allowing me to not only capture my babies in a way that feels like it does justice to them and their beauty, but also discover this new passion and creative outlet. I am so incredibly grateful for the record I have of my family over these past years, and for the chance to experience the pure, indescribable joy of capturing a beautiful moment into a beautiful image.

When we upgraded last month I debated for a while about what to do with my 30D. Sure, I could rationalize reasons to keep it, but I knew I probably wouldn't use it much anymore and I hate thinking of something that's in good condition and can be used and loved by someone else, just sitting and gathering dust. So off it has gone to a good home, where it will hopefully be loved and used some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...