Tuesday, July 23, 2013

halfway-ish

The past few days have felt almost too good to be true. The weather has been amazing, after a lot of muggy heat (ok, so today it rained a bunch but whatever). The boys have been in (mostly) decent moods. Bedtimes have been fairly smooth and relatively painless, and my evenings have felt productive enough managing to keep up with dishes and laundry and all that fun stuff, and balancing that with running, or just sitting on the porch enjoying the coolness of the evening with a good book. Quinn's meltdowns seem to have been an intense but short phase, I'm sure they'll return and he still gets pretty upset every once in a while but he's his adorably mischievous self most of the time these days. We manage to FaceTime with Zach a few mornings a week, the chats don't last long before the boys get distracted but it seems to be really good for everyone to get to see each other if even for a few minutes. Now that my in-laws are gone I'm starting to use a nearby sitter for breaks with Q, and D spends a lot of time hanging out with his BFF down the street. I miss Zach, we all do, but other than feeling a little starved for physical affection it feels like this is all going so much better than I feared it might.

Beach day 
Gorgeous day at the beach a week or two ago.
Decompressing after a rough afternoon/bedtime. 
Post-bedtime decompressing on the porch with David Sedaris and some iced tea.
Rainy morning snuggled on the couch with my littles.
Watching way too much TV this morning, chose to enjoy the rare moments of peace snuggled up on the couch with these two rather than feel guilt over excessive screen time.

Part of me is just waiting for the other shoe to drop... but another part of me is starting to think we may actually get through this summer without any nervous breakdowns.

(...and I probably just jinxed myself...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...