Sunday, August 26, 2012

Where I show off pretty pictures of the Tuck campus

Yesterday morning we all went to Tuck for registration for the new students and partners.  I've been wanting to take pictures of the campus, so I seized the opportunity.  I'm both excited and also a bit jealous that Zach gets to spend his days here for the next two years.
Untitled
Looking at the Connecticut river and Vermont on the other side (this is right next to the student parking lot)
Untitled
The stairs up to campus from the lot. 
Untitled
These stairs are no joke...
Untitled
Pretty buildings, pretty trees.
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
I *love* this porch. 

Orientation is this week. Zach's schedule is pretty jam-packed-- he'll be busy on campus pretty much from 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday, and there's stuff going on almost every evening as well.  There are several events throughout the week for the partners (and kids), though unfortunately many of them won't work for us to join in on because of timing and logistics. For example, most of the stuff in the evening starts at 6:30 or 7pm which is right when we start bedtime.  We have one sitter we could call (and are working on building up a longer list), but honestly getting both kids to bed solo is a challenge for Zach or me and I don't want to throw that at a brand-new babysitter (really missing BB and Sasha right now, for many reasons but this is one of them).  So I'm feeling a little bummed about missing out.  I'm also a little apprehensive about what this next week will be like, since Zach will be busy but D won't start his school yet, so it'll be me and the kids on our own all day and most evenings.  I'm trying to plan ahead so we'll have plenty to do to keep us busy throughout the week.  (This is when I need to remind myself of all the other moms in my same shoes who live right here next to me, whose doors I should be knocking on this week)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:56 AM

    Hi,
    I'm in Scotland, a Mum of a nearly one year old and three year old and I know how tricky it is to fill the days sometimes. My husband started a new job six months ago and it fell to me to do 'bedtime' solo for the first time. It's second nature to me now, and I wonder what I was worried about:)
    My real point in commenting is thanks for the photos. My sister in law studied for an MBA at Tuck (2008) and we visited my brother and her in 2007. I loved Hanover so much this post was a trip down memory lane for me - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...