Sunday, May 12, 2013

happy moms day

Today was a good day. I got to sleep in till 10am! The boys then presented me with their gifts of drawings of monster trucks. Zach presented me with his gift of a sweet little necklace with all our initials on it (I used to have a "mommy necklace" with D's name on it, then Quinn came along and I wanted an updated version but couldn't settle on a style I liked...this one may be a winner).
My mom's day gift- teensy cube with all our initials on it. <3
We rode bikes outside, hung out with friends, went to a birthday party. I talked on the phone with my mom, something I don't do nearly often enough. Oh, and D's on his 4th day of antibiotics and his Lyme rash is all but gone, so yay for that, too.

I suppose I'll go ahead and make this the sappy mother's day post that it is, and state the obvious-- how grateful I am for my kiddoes, who made me a mother. And for my own mom, whom I cannot imagine life without (even if we don't get to sit down and actually talk all that often). And, for all the other mom-types in my life, past and present-- my grandmothers, aunts, my sisters, friends. People whose love and support mean the world to me. I have a lot of people "in my corner" and I realize how rare that can be, how I lucky I am for that.

Happy Moms Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...