Tuesday, May 05, 2015

grace in small things #12

I feel like I've been down and negative and complainy a lot lately, so why not try to resurrect a little gratitude practice as a way to turn the attitude around, right? So here are 5 things for which I am grateful.



  • I've got a personal goal of building up a list of good go-to places for when I need a photography fix, and on Saturday I found a new one-- Gamble Garden in Palo Alto. It's free and open as soon as daylight hits (many other gardens I found online didn't open till 10 or 11am, after all that golden early-morning light amazingness is gone). I spent close to two hours walking around taking photos of the various flowers and leaves. As a note, I think a photowalk should count as exercise, especially with all the squatting that goes into getting low-perspective shots. 
  • After the garden I found a cafe nearby and had the most delicious nutella and banana crepe I've had in a good long while. It was heavenly. 
  • I'm re-building the website for a group I'm in, and the whole thing has felt a bit stressful and overwhelming but also kinda fun and cool, and it feels good to know I can figure this stuff out when I want to and put the time into it. 
  • It feels like D is right on that threshold to learning how to swim like for real, and it's really fun and exciting to watch the process unfold. 
  • Audiobooks from the library have been a big win lately. I've never quite gotten into audiobooks before, but we're having fun listening to kids books in the car on our longer drives. Yesterday we got through two Magic Treehouse books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...