Wednesday, February 27, 2013

masking tape roads

I suck at doing crafty projects with my kids.  We have some art supplies, which come out about once every month or two. I don't make them cute lunches in fun shapes. We didn't even make valentines for anyone. It's not that I don't think that stuff is neat/fun to do, I'm just not creative or organized enough to pull that sort of stuff off (and am in many ways very jealous of people who are/do).

But every once in a while I'll come across something so ridiculously simple that it enters my realm of abilities. One of them was the frozen water balloons we made last month. Another is this awesome idea I saw on pinterest or somewhere of using masking tape to make roads on the floor. We've used this trick a few times and currently have 2 different sets of roads taped down at our house, one upstairs and one downstairs. They're not very elaborate as a lot of our space is too narrow for more than just one straight road, but it's perfect for running their larger trucks back and forth. D's school closed today in anticipation of bad weather (which turned out to be a bit of a bust, it just rained/snowed off and on all day so was yucky but no big deal...and no real snow accumulation) and the masking tape roads bought us a couple good 20-30 minute chunks of entertainment.  A roll of masking tape seems a small price to pay...

Trying to distract from sibling fighting by making a masking tape road on the floor. Hooray for long hallways Masking tape parking lot

Looking at the original online picture again, next time I may try making them small roads and go over the furniture, too... I bet they'd get a kick out of that.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea, parking spaces and roadways and all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...