Friday, October 14, 2011

evening thoughts

I had the kids solo tonight, which meant staggered bedtimes, which meant D didn't hit the sack till around 9pm.  Spent an hour on the computer trying to take care of a few things, though somehow most of my to-do list still remains.  Ate dinner (forgot to earlier), unloaded & reloaded dishwasher.  Now it's suddenly 10:30 and I'm once again asking myself if I will bother to take a shower, as I promised myself I would tonight, or skip it for that extra bit of precious, precious sleep.

I don't know how often or when Q will wake tonight, though I can guess they'll both be up sometime between 5-6am tomorrow.  And then the day will begin anew.

It's frightening how much it feels like I'm kinda just treading water, and that's with immense support and help like our nanny and amazing friends.  I shudder to think of what all this would be like without them.

This too shall pass.  This too shall pass. This too shall pass.

2 comments:

  1. It will pass. I often find that when I feel I've hit bottom, I really have (relatively) and things get better almost immediately. Hope your day is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. The nights Brian works late are so hard. What's normally a 1 hour bedtime routine when he and I knock it out together, takes me 3 hours alone. And someone always cries at some point. If i'm lucky it was one of the girls and not me. I do not envy you, having Zach away 4 nights a week. I'm glad you have a good support network. At least you know that Zach's work situation is temporary. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...